Ambre Associates now offers HIPAA-compliant virtual therapy.
Virtual therapy (or “online counseling” or “telemental health”) allows us to provide therapy services through an online video platform. We can “meet” face-to-face, even when we’re not physically in the same room.
In order to use this service, you are required to create an account through TherapySites.
Already have an account? Login here.
How to Create an Account
If you don't have an account yet, please fill out the Appointment Request form at the bottom of this page, including your name, email address and phone number and I will reach out to you. Once we have established contact, I will create your account and you will receive a follow-up email to complete the account setup.
The account setup must be completed before you can attend a video session.
How to Access Virtual Therapy
Once you have an account, follow these steps to check in to your virtual therapy session:
1. Log in to your account using this link.
2. Navigate to the calendar and click on your appointment to locate the 'Check In' button.
3. Click 'Check In' to enter the virtual room where we will meet for the session.
4. Locate the chat feature in the bottom right corner to communicate with me before beginning the session.
5. When we are ready to begin press 'Start Session' to activate your microphone and camera.
6. Your computer may show a message asking to allow the program to access your microphone and camera.
Technical Requirements for Virtual Therapy
1. Do you have a laptop, desktop PC or Mac which is 3 years old or newer?
Older devices may struggle to run the program properly.
2. Is your space equipped with a modern internet connection that is reliable?
Connecting directly to your router using an Ethernet cable for wired internet is recommended though wireless networks can work fine as well.
Standard browsers such as Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge or Safari on a Mac may encounter compatibility issues with the video software as those browsers are not as up to date with modern code.
4. Do you have access to a working webcam?
Most modern laptops have built in webcams which will work great for online therapy! If you have a desktop PC or Mac you may need to purchase and set up an external webcam.
5. Are you comfortable navigating computer software?
The online portal is easy to navigate and does not require any training to use. However, those who find computers to be confusing or frustrating in general may not be a good fit for virtual therapy.
Need Additional Assistance with Virtual Therapy?
Account Portal FAQ Index: Click Here
Webcam and Microphone Test: Click Here